VP of Mortgage Lending
Who we are:Proper Rate (PR) is an independent mortgage company offering homebuyers and homeowners personalized lending services through a select team of the most highly experienced and dedicated mortgage professionals in the industry. Powered by one of the nation’s largest mortgage companies, with leading-edge technology and access to the best loan programs and rate structures, you can expect that Proper Rate delivers all the advantages of a big lender with the hands-on service of a small firm.
What's the role?Proper Rate (PR) is currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated VP of Mortgage Lending to join our innovative and passionate team.
A VP holds an elevated position within the company, and is expected and incentivized to operate like a business owner. Industry expertise, paired with effective delegation and auditing of files from origination through closing, will allow a VP to focus primarily on building relationships and growing their business. A 5-star customer experience and successful Proactive POD Flow Model begins with the VP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate first or second purchase mortgage, and refinance loans. Informs prospective loan clients of the underwriting guidelines and applicable government regulations.
- Present the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products to determine the best option for each customer’s financial situation.
- Set proper customer expectations and provide timely status updates to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Collect and analyze information regarding customer income, assets, investments and debts to include multifaceted or complex borrowers.
- Completes loan applications and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner.
- Conduct day-to-day operations in accordance with the laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and expectations of PR.
- Provide pre-qualifications and take FULL loan applications and answer client questions.
- Price and place loans with the appropriate Corporate Objective.
- Utilize VP POD Flow Checklist to ensure smooth MC transition and loan process.
- Review pipeline reports to delegate and audit file responsibilities daily.
- Review underwriting decision and re-set expectations with the borrower and/or referral partners if qualifications or timelines change at any point during the loan process and notify team of applicable changes.
- Review active loan files daily and work with the processing team to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to keep the process moving.
- Utilize professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the organization.
- Loan Level problem solving, including but not limited to restructuring of files as needed.
- Routine Pipeline Maintenance including daily assessment of team turn times to minimize lock expirations, anticipated contingencies, and deviation from scheduled closing dates/times.
- Change or extend locks and request any necessary pricing expectations as needed.
- Track/approve disclosures being sent to borrowers.
- Review LE and CD for accuracy and ensure there are no missing charges.
- Verify the borrower’s understanding of the funds required for closing and that funds will be properly sourced from approved accounts.
- Build network and community relationships, aggressively promoting PR to real estate agents, builders, developers, financial planners, and other referral sources to develop partners, solid referral partner relationships and close multiple loans per month.
- Attend all scheduled office meetings (daily or weekly) These are to make sure your business is (and stays) on track and to make sure loans are running smoothly.
- Focus on marketing and promotional strategies to attract new purchase business, promoting a broad spectrum of mortgage products including but not limited to government, conventional, home equity and additional products within an assigned geographical area.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and work amicably with others.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education or Formal Training:
- Current state licensing and registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- 3+ years’ experience in the consumer loan industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on strong math skills
- Expert knowledge of CFPB disclosure requirements, Proper Rate POD flow, secondary market pricing scenarios and investor guidelines
- Ability to think strategically and display excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial persona with excellent time-management skills, which requires minimal supervision
- Knowledge of and ability to efficiently use technology, various lending software and to work successfully in a paperless environment.
- A “sales closing” mentality along with the skills to handle questions and last-minute changes under pressure to help your clients secure their mortgage
- Understand all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to loans
- Telephone sales experience required
- Detail-orientation with efficient focus on work activities
- Ability to delegate in a positive style with thorough follow up skills
- Must have working knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA programs on a multi-investor platform
Compensation: CommissionNOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Proper Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
Copyright © 2020-2024 Proper Rate, LLC. All rights reserved.
Equal Housing Lender
Proper Rate NMLS: 1901699 - For licensing information, go to: www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org.
1800 W. Larchmont Ave., Suite 301, Chicago, IL 60613
Proper Rate NMLS - 1901699
Arizona Mortgage Banker License #1010230
P: 866-755-0679 *not for use by New York borrowers
This site is not authorized by the New York State Department of Financial Services. No mortgage solicitation activity or loan applications for properties located in the State of New York can be facilitated through this site.
Proper Rate, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.