Business Development Coordinator (BDC)
Who we are:Proper Rate (PR) is an independent mortgage company offering homebuyers and homeowners personalized lending services through a select team of the most highly experienced and dedicated mortgage professionals in the industry. Powered by one of the nation’s largest mortgage companies, with leading-edge technology and access to the best loan programs and rate structures, you can expect that Proper Rate delivers all the advantages of a big lender with the hands-on service of a small firm.
What's the role?The central focus of a Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is to support one or more Vice President(s) of Mortgage Lending (VP) with a variety of tasks related to increasing their production, efficiency and quality of work. A BDC’s tasks are divided between 3 important components including 1) Marketing support; 2) Business Plan and Referral Partner strategy; and 3) Follow up and communication with current and future lead sources. BDCs are not licensed and may NOT perform any activity requiring a license. All marketing activities are performed under the supervision and guidance of the VP they support, and in the VP’s name. BDCs are not provided access or credentials to systems that are reserved for tasks that must be performed by licensed employees, such as locking loans, taking applications, or holding themselves out as being able to perform those activities through independent marketing or other avenues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help VPs add value and growth to their origination volume
- Idea generation and execution of the VP’s business plan, including lead generation ideas and sources
- Attend, coordinate, plan and execute monthly events in coordination with the Marketing Department for Realtor and other partners to increase the VP’s brand and relationship in the community
- Phone and email support including checking messages, return calls and correspondence, to maintain organized files and work environment
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings, closings and creating calendar invitations, and following up timely with referral partners
- Contact and follow up with Realtors and referral partners, provide them marketing support, such as marketing materials, Agent Advantage signups and thank you cards, and attend weekly Broker Open Houses with and on behalf of the VP they support
- Enter the VP’s referral partners into the company’s CRM, document and track the increase in lead sources and make suggestions for changes to the business plan.
- Database management including coordinating monthly correspondence to borrowers who recently closed a loan
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and work amicably with others and the POD
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Compensation Structure:BDC’s are non-exempt employees subject to minimum wage, overtime and all other laws and requirements. Typical compensation consists of an hourly wage and may include a bonus structure based on the VP(s) they support origination of Eligible Loans and/or Eligible Brokered Loans, which is detailed in full in their Base Compensation and Bonus Schedule, included in their Compensation Agreement . BDC’s compensation is the responsibility of the VP(s) they support because they are hired for the VP’s benefit, according to the terms of their written agreements, including applicable credit from the Company based on production tiers, indicating when and how much the Company may contribute towards the BDC’s compensation. Should the BDC’s compensation exceed the amount allocated by the credit from the Company according to the production tiers, any difference will be deducted from the VP’s compensation. Because BDCs are unlicensed and are not Loan Originators, their compensation structure must align with all GR policies, but is not subject to the Loan Originator Compensation and Requirements Rules.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Education or Formal Training:
- Education 1 Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years related experience
- Comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered
- Must have a clear understanding of federal & state rules and regulations along with Fannie, Freddie, FHA, VA, and guidelines on a multi-investor platform
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and listening skills with ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and influence others
- Ability to work a fast-paced environment that will require strong organizational skills and analytical acumen
- Excellent time-management skills and follow up and follow through with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with mortgage industry and PR loan processes
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, and loan origination system (preferably Encompass)
- Ability to think strategically to solve problems or challenges with loan files
- Canva and Total Expert knowledge is a plus
- Social Media skills is preferred
Proper Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
Copyright © 2020-2024 Proper Rate, LLC. All rights reserved.
Equal Housing Lender
Proper Rate NMLS: 1901699 - For licensing information, go to: www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org.
1800 W. Larchmont Ave., Suite 301, Chicago, IL 60613
Proper Rate NMLS - 1901699
Arizona Mortgage Banker License #1010230
P: 866-755-0679 *not for use by New York borrowers
This site is not authorized by the New York State Department of Financial Services. No mortgage solicitation activity or loan applications for properties located in the State of New York can be facilitated through this site.
Proper Rate, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.